Tuesday 19 March 2013

Show Me Tigress

I've been doing some modelling in Maya, thus the pun in poor taste. The orb may look fairly plain but it is actually divided up into sections to replicate the shape of the orb in my first concept. I decided to run with that idea for a couple of reasons.
Firstly because I am new to Maya and the orb was the simplest to construct with the knowledge and skill-set I have. Secondly, the movements will be simple enough to animate, yet still look effective if I do them well. Thirdly, I plan to use a sunset style background with moody orange lighting which will reflect really nicely of the orb's metal surface. The play with light should give the animation some real character.
This shows how the orbs is divided into segments.
The "cog teeth" extending.
Oh, I also whipped this up last week. It was only until recently that I figured out how to render it properly.
I love my degree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment