Monday 2 April 2012

A Storm Is Coming

Before we actually began to brainstorm we had a brief moment to make some simple storyboards. As you can see by the testing of pens on the paper I had other ideas I liked over these ones.

My brainstorm is in the post with the rest of my hand-in pieces of work but these were created afterwards as an attempt at more detailed storyboarding.



A thought I had during the creation of these was to use the word 'Tension' like 'Shatter' but have Tension pulsing like a heart with a heartbeat sound effect in the background. A crack would begin to appear from the      'o' in Tension and the heartbeat would increase. The crack would spread and become more severe and the heartbeat would become more frantic. Eventually the cracks would get too numerous and the word would shatter.
Another idea that I found attractive was the second to last frame of the "Perspective" storyboard. It held a lot of what perspective can mean in a far less literal sense than just portraying different forms of perspective. An animation based entirely on this motion would be just as effective, if not more so, than the complex one shown above.

2 comments: