Monday 21 May 2012

Testing, One, Two...

Having a play with stop-motion animation on a sunny Sunday morning. I found my focus jumped around this too much. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be looking at the apple or Brigid holding it. Perhaps a slower frame rate would allow more time for viewers to get their bearings or less movement overall. The one difficulty with this is is that people cannot hold perfectly still and holding the same pose for a long time gets tiring so I'll have to be cautious with how I get people to pose.
This is the style in which I want to produce my frames. With the individual components stuck on in layers it means I can animate particular aspects at different rate, whether I want something to be smoother or freezeframe etc. It depends on whether or not I can get access to a greenscreen or something similar because constructing each frame on photoshop gets less and less appealing the more I think about it. But I do like this style. Sometimes you do stuff just because it looks cool :) Thanks to Brigid Quirke for being a patient model.

No comments:

Post a Comment