Thursday 14 June 2012

The Joint

I refrained from making a reference to 'passing the joint' in the title so instead you get a big dollop of political-correctness. What started off as a bunch of messy sketches and card is now a solid abstracted form of the neck/head. Enjoy.



Such sketches were making me consider taking up engineering.



Here are some conceptual models and a cheeky mock-up. The foam gets everywhere.


And, at last, the final. I really must thank Francis for putting up with my incompetence in the workshop. In the end, having made a count of mistakes, I abandoned the wood I'd bought for a piece of scrap timber I found in the waste bin. As they say; one man's junk is another man's abstraction. The drawing (or "the vellum" as it was referred to affectionately in my organiser for the past five weeks) is entirely pencil built up on pencil and I still don't know what sort of lead an 'F' is...

No comments:

Post a Comment