Friday 14 September 2012

Child's Play

While playing with this processing application felt like being a child again, writing the code had the opposite effect. It's simple and easy to learn and won't hold a person's attention for too long but it's more the discovery of the effect that I'm pleased with. I can customise it to a fair degree so it is likely that if I stay on my current path I will end up using it or something like it in my final application.



 There were several directions this particular piece of code could go. One was that when the mouse is released all the sparks chase down the cursor and detonate if they touch it. Another could be that these are actually fireflies that buzz around when 'released' by the mouse and behave relative to what the mouse is doing I'll put some study into their behaviour as well as seeing what else I can accomplish with variants of this code.

No comments:

Post a Comment