Tuesday 25 September 2012

The Ol' Switcheroo

Looks like I'm switching to another idea. This is good though; it means progress. My jar/firefly program was having a glitch-fit each time the mouse was clicked several times repeatedly, which is roughly the third or fourth thing an inquisitive user will try. This created some funky patterns but overall was unacceptable.
After talking to Angela we decided that the most interesting and 'realistic' aspect of my code was the behaviour of the firefly objects. The way the jars were presented didn't make much sense so I'm swallowing my pride and ditching the jars entirely.
My new direction is to have the cursor replaced by a giant firefly that can spawn smaller ones from it. The way the user moves the 'Mama', combined with clicks, influences the other fireflies behaviour. We'll see where this one goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment