Monday 10 September 2012

Navigation of the FUCHAAAH!

Today's studio really made me think about how I actually want my program to function. Drawing up a draft wire-frame for my interface options put my ideas into words and gave me scope on how much I have to work with; the complexity of the search options, the level of customisation of the program's performance, additional features of the program. I also used the studio to solidify the system on which my program will run, which was necessary for me to progress any further with interface designs.
These are the four main ideas I had for operating systems. I admit they got a bit space-age by the end. The Smartphone interface would work on any device that has a built in camera but the lower-tech devices would not have access to all the functions. The wristband projected screen would effectively work like a touchscreen as far as physically interacting with it goes. The other two would require verbal command to interact with because there would be no clear way of using your hands to select what you want. Because of this there would have to be a list of key words that have definitive effects that must also be chosen in a way that each word represents its function logically and intuitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment