Wednesday 24 April 2013

No Place Like Home

This was my first idea on where Wrightley could live. In a garbage dump he would feel the urge to leave and there would be all the items he needs to construct his means of getting out. However, modelling such an environment would be a nightmare and I don't feel I have quite enough time or commitment to pull such a thing off.

I feel a workshop could be an excellent location for Wrightley to exist. This would make him some kind of experiment that has become sentient and wants to be free. Again, he would have access to everything he would need to try and escape and I think the context it puts him in is far more suitable than "discarded in a garbage dump".

Now I won't be able to make something quite as detailed as these but they give a really nice idea on the type of lighting the environment could hold. I also really like the idea of a window of light being one of the only light sources in the room. This would make it an instant point of focus. For this idea Wrightley could be living on top of a desk amongst the tools and gizmos.
Alternatively he could have been discarded and be in some kind of bin initially, giving him more motivation to leave as he knows he isn't wanted. I am weary of how much time I have to spend on exposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment