Tuesday 9 April 2013

Three's the Magic Number

I've been thinking about Project 2A (yes, a day after the hand-in, hush) and I've got some concepts for the three "m's" already. The first one that came to mind was a trash can for meaning. I thought that this character could collect objects that nobody wants or collect a specific type of object (recycling bins). In any case it would be a collector of some sort, potentially even a kleptomaniac.

The second object I thought of was a dandelion for movement. I'm not sure if organic things are allowed to be used so I'll have to check on Friday but I like the idea that my character's primary means of getting from one place to another would be by wind-directed air travel and they may not have full control over it.

Lastly I thought of a cellphone, or any generic hand-held electronic device for that matter, as a source of materiality. I like the range of materials that feature both internally and externally. It would allow me to make a character out of metal, plastic, rubber and glass components.
These are of course just initial thoughts. My favourite is definitely the trash can for meaning but I'll see what else comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment