Tuesday 30 July 2013

Redirecting Attention

I figured I was overdue for a progress update on MDDN 211. 243 had pretty much all my attention over the weekend so I still have a way to go with my clips but my 'relax' clip is near completion. The primary editing technique is still pacing but it makes use of a couple of cross-dissolves and whatever the sound equivalent of a cross-dissolve is. The softness of such a transition is perfect for calming feeling I want this clip to express. As far as the other clips go I had an idea on the sound design for my addiction clip. To match the sporadic cutting between clips I want to put a mash-up of different sounds that create more and more noise before the screen goes black and a sharp breath can be heard. The 'upper' clip would play through at a high speed and I would allow some of the original noise to be played through at a high speed as well though the primary soundtrack would be a song. I won't spend too long focussing on sound as it is primarily the editing techniques that this assignment is about, but I feel some consideration in that area could enhance my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment