Thursday 18 July 2013

I'm Such a Fanboy

Hopefully the title didn't put you off. But it's true, I am. I found a pair of videos that I think are excellent. The first is a fan-made video from the game Devil May Cry 4 and for someone who doesn't play it is a very long clip but some of the transitions between footage are quite cool and some are rather beautiful. I also like how the footage is composed with the chosen music as well (the gameplay is sped up to match the tempo of the songs however).
The second is a bonus video unlock at the end of the game Kingdom Hearts Final Mix which I find has a stunning blend of music and imagery. The video start off with a pace that gradually becomes move and more climactic that matches the build of music. The glitch aesthetic isn't overdone as to look tacky and combines well with the mix of old and (at the time) new imagery. I also love the use of text throughout the clip and I remember getting shivers from the countdown when I first saw this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment