Wednesday 31 July 2013

Swing and a Miss

I showed the tutors today my calming iteration and got some good feedback. It turns out I was too focussed on creating a narrative from my footage and it took too long to express the atmosphere of tranquillity I was going for. The fade to white technique I was using definitely expressed "calm" and Elle suggested using white space with a aural bridge to enhance the transitions between shots. Having reworked my iteration it now begins with the pills being taken then fades softly between clips, fading sound in and out to match the atmosphere. There is a slow heartbeat playing through about 70% of the clip which matches up to the shot of the blood flowing in veins and the match cut (if it is possible to have a fading match cut) to the river. Using this better understanding of the assignment the other two iterations should be more accurate. I also checked that the technique of repetition was strong enough to express the effect I wanted for my 'addiction' iteration and I will need to combine it with other techniques to try and make it more disorienting.

No comments:

Post a Comment