Friday 2 August 2013

MDDN 211 "Iterate" - Post-submission Reflection

Well my video compilation is all done and dusted. As far as my original proposal goes I made some changes to my editing techniques. Nothing drastic, but enough that I felt I should mention it here. The first iteration of "Pill Popping" (as I decided to call the compilation) has a "Fun" atmosphere, representing the pills as uppers. The primary editing technique in this clip is adjusting the pace of the footage. I also used pacing to emphasize it is the pills that have the acceleration effect. The second iteration is "Calming", where the primary technique I used was slow fade transitions to white space and cross-dissolves. Whether or not this is just the computer's speakers the heartbeat I put into this clip wasn't audible, despite it being loud in the video file. Headphones seem to pick up on it okay. The final iteration is about "Addiction," where the primary technique was repetition combined with intense pacing.
P.S. In no way do I support drugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment