Tuesday 24 September 2013

A Proposal I Suppose

I intend to interview my high school friend Rosie Remmerswaal who studies design at Toi Whakaari. She is a very creative person and I find the work that she produces and the lifestyle she leads to be very interesting. He studies at Toi Whakaari have given her some unique experience and the communities she is part of help build a creative world around her.
The style of the interview would be like a video diary with the occasional studio based sequence. I will employ a lot of on-site shooting and make no attempts to hide the presence of the camera. I may even go so far as to allow my voice to be heard asking questions to get dynamic real-time reactions from Rosie. As the interview is a peek into her life as a Design Student and a resident of Wellington I want to employ close-ups and focus pulls to emphasise this. Most of the shots will take place during the day but the last shots would be either near dusk or at night. I will use After Effects to alter some shots (specifically the credits and any introductory screens/shots I choose to employ). I also intend on utilizing stop motion for some B-roll sequences from design models she has made.

Its video diary style would mean that there is no definitive end for the interview’s narrative. Instead the structure would be as follows; exposition of the threads I want to interview Rosie about, the development of these threads, followed by the staggered conclusions. I hope to be able to weave these threads together throughout the interview but if this seems too sporadic I’ll make sure to have back-up footage that links the threads through interview questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment