Thursday 12 September 2013

Aku-Akus and Ooga-Boogas

Depending on what you called them when you were a kid. Personally it got to me when people would refer to wumpa fruit as "apples". Anyway, here are some mask concepts I've drawn for the different power-ups:

There is a level of simplicity that needs to come with the designs as the size of Voodude doesn't allow for too much detail. I feel we can afford to make the masks large by comparison so they are distinctive enough, also making it clear when the player has one on. Before I develop any further I want to see what the others come up with and we can take the best features from them to make some bastard offspring that looks awesome. In the meantime I'll be working on some boss/character concepts so that by Monday we can collaborate and decide what to start making and animating in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment