Saturday 26 April 2014

Knock Knock

So I now feel I have a lot more direction in what I need to accomplish before the holidays are out with EOF. Pretty much I need to be developing a basic ambient soundtrack for the game which we can build on and develop. I would like to collaborate with Chris Read on that as I liked some of the sounds he used in his recent Spatial Ambience project.
I also will be dedicating some time into making animated assets for our game environment. We played Fract today for inspiration and one thing in particular that I liked about it was the number of little things that were going on in the environment based on player proximity. When you walk around little shapes dance about or glow to indicate you're going in the right direction. Whether or not the assets I make are interactive for the player is yet to be decided. One such asset that will be interactive is the door concept I put forward:




I like this idea that the doors themselves are a tacky optical illusion. Based on Adrian's description of the game we should be able to poke fun at both the player and ourselves with these simple little visual tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment