Sunday 13 April 2014

Playing with Mud

Over this weekend I've dedicated my weekend to getting my UVs done. I painted the textures in photoshop and stuck them on my low poly model. From there I was able to fix up the seams with relative success. There are a couple of intersections between three cuts which were a bit tricky to get the blend of colours perfect and I imagine better planning with splitting UVs could avoid such problems. Luckily it is minor enough I should be able to conceal it in Mudbox.

Speaking of the Dirtycube, I have done some high-poly work and am getting a feel for the program. This is what I managed to accomplish today;


I plan to add the eyes in Maya after completing my high poly model as a simple black blinn will accomplish the look I want for them and attaching them to the model prior is a nightmare. As far as the webbing is concerned I will try to get it done but it is low on my priority list as it will likely cause complications and is not entirely necessary.
For now I need to put my high poly model on hold as my Computer Science partner James has been unable to get my initial model to work in Unity and I suspect it is because of the nCloth deformer I used in the webbing. For this reason I need to animate my low poly model for him to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment