Thursday 10 April 2014

Plan of Action

Now that I have finished my base UVs I need to start working on the textures for my spider. The following images are variants of brown recluse spiders. As my swimming recluse is found in reefs and large rockpools the colouration of the shell would be coloured grey with brown and orange spots or highlights.


I also took a look at crab carapaces because the swimming recluse's exoskeleton hardens to become crab-like. I envision the colour to be closer to the first image, opposed to the orange ones further down.

This kind of texture is what I'm looking for to put on the main shell.

The underside of the swimming recluse will have a lot of bumps and valleys like a crab but I have left these to be represented by the normal map I will create in Mudbox.

So my current plan of action is to paint my base textures first and then create a high poly model. From there I will create a normal map and ambient occlusion map to make everything look sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment