Monday 28 October 2013

Extermination

So this is where I've been for the past couple of days;





Each steam cloud needed to be placed lovingly and by the end of part six I was working with an ungodly number of layers. Anyway, for Stencyl's ease the death sequence has been split into the different segments. Chris, Mark and I met up today to discuss what visuals needed to be done to be implemented into the final product. So far all that seems left to animate is parts of the background, an explosion flash (both on Chris's list of things to do), text and screen animations for the pause menu (Mark), and the last part of the death animation (your's truly).
I plan to have his arms go limp as his head will have disappeared in the flash, leaving behind a steaming hole. The whole screen can fade to black, on which the end screen can be displayed. At the moment I'm thinking all that will be necessary is a congratulatory message for the player, a final soul count and a return to main menu button. Anything more and I feel we're pushing ourselves to much for time. I also have a fair bit to do that isn't animating to get prepped for our presentation Friday morning. Work work...

No comments:

Post a Comment