Monday 24 March 2014

Poly Want a Joint System

Well I just finished the low-poly model for my swimming recluse. At the moment it is still segmented into different parts as my knowledge with proper clean modelling is limited. Regardless, I'm really happy with the final result. Rigging comes next which should be simple enough. I feel I can get away with minimal weight painting on the legs due to their solid carapace. The tail is another story entirely and what I accomplish with that depends on how well I can get a spline IK to work.


I found a good tutorial for rigging a bat wing but there are steps the tutor skips that unfortunately limit how much use I can make of it but I will try regardless. There are lots of ways I could clean this model up but that can be part of Project 2b as it will be my sole focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment