Thursday 27 March 2014

Cross-Computer Confusion

So everything was going swimmingly (ahaa!) as I was working on my recluse's swim cycle. I even managed to get a spline and nCloth to talk to each other and make a working tail. It was all sorts of awesome. Anyway, I just got home and checked my files and one of the palpus' IK stopped working at some point during the transfer from the uni computers to my own computer. Worst of all so did the tail. I only tampered with the file a little bit in this mode but that was from my computer; my usb still holds the original so hopefully I haven't lost my entire day's work to a crappy miscommunication of code.

So yeah, there's some pretty hardcore stuff going on here. The tail legs are all 8-9 joint splines with nCloth membrane stiched between them. The animation of said membrane is not the best since there are veticies flying everywhere but that's what I expected from a "low-poly" model.
My brain is melting. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment