Tuesday 11 March 2014

Third Time's the Charm

Here we are in my third year of study. Straight into the good stuff too - our game pitch is due on the 13th so I've spent the past week conceptualizing and sketching. This is what I've come up with so far:



While there is plenty of room to play with character concepts the main play aspect of the game is decided (after many iterations). I drew my inspiration from eclectic music videos such as the following:


I like the idea that someone without musical training but a good sense of rhythm can create some pretty incredible music. The way this would manifest in the game would be through gateways the player comes across in their journey. These gates would have a musical tune as a key, generated by music prisms they pick up along the way. The tune would not be specific but based on a score that the player can accumulate through an internal algorithm that awards creating regular rhythm and complimentary tones. The musical prisms themselves would be discovered by exploring the open world and by overcoming obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment