Tuesday 25 March 2014

Putting the "Fine" in Refinement Modelling

Going off advice from numerous sources I decided to clean up my model before I make any attempts at rigging. Unfortunately last night as I was finishing up attaching the second to last set of legs to make my model a singular polygon, Maya crash with a "fatal error" and corrupted the save file to the point where it was unusable. As Maya has a history of throwing its toys I had two back-up saves. I had, however, made a zealous attempt to get all the stitching done in one sweep so I lost about 4 hours work. Due to the setback it took me until now to finish the model properly. But here we are at last :)
...and yes it is just shy of 10,000 polys. It's a learning curve. Everything is a learning curve. Always with the learning and the curving...

No comments:

Post a Comment