Thursday 2 August 2012

Adaptable Form

Ta-da!
My final forms all primed (bah-dum tsh) and ready. I made a few adjustments to the final composition to make the overall change flow a lot better. If I was to do this project again I would explore breaking the shape up more as I found I was restricting myself too much to the triangles. The second series is probably the most successful as it completely removes itself from the boundaries of its original form and as it disintegrates it produces numerous other shapes.
Another change I would make would be to play with filling aspects of the shapes in white to create greater impact from the white; perhaps through not clearing the background when moving the shapes? I found that if the stroke got too thick the shapes became 'clunky' so I preferred to use the thinner line. This kept the corners of the triangles sharp and the images seemed more delicate.
Overall I think it was a successful project. The slight gradient produced by the increasing density of white aids the composition in coming together as a whole and emphasises the transformation. I am also pleased with how warped the final forms are of each series relative to how they begun. Hopefully the markers feel the same way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment