Tuesday 21 August 2012

Final Form

Having refined the code to my structured form it was time to mess with it. I found through the transformations  my focus was in the centre of the image due to the imposing dark space. I wanted to fill this space with the brightness of the fragments so that not only did the composition shift from structure to noise but the lightness of the image flipped as well.



Here I returned to the 'autumn' colour scheme I had in the beginning to see how the composition would work having a bright background instead of a dark one and although the final 'cross' that appears at the end is quite strong the overall series is quite hard to look at from its brightness.



Lastly I adjusted how strictly the random and drag components of the code acted and gained something that looked a little like this;



These will be my final forms. The colour scheme is a combination of the cobweb and frost precedents where it is highly desaturated but there are hints of blue within it. The thing I like most about this series of forms is that when looking at the first and last items there is virtually no resemblance but the two stage in between link them rather nicely. The degrading of structure to noise is heavily present in not just how the actual structure changes but the colours as well. The numerous overlaps create a range of densities, therefore a range of shades within the final one that are non-existent in the first stage. Now It's just a matter of print testing...

No comments:

Post a Comment