Wednesday 1 August 2012

Black is the New Black

Here they are, potentially my final five series. I ended up doubling the stroke weight from one to two to make my images more imposing. I then inverted the colours and found that the white shapes on the dark background really popped. Because they will be mounted on black foam board I will likely leave a thin white border around each image but no more than a couple of millimetres as I don't want to distract from the forms. The last two series I created came from the realisation that I was restricting myself to manipulating the triangles as whole shapes so instead I altered the lines. I also wanted to push the boundaries of my form, almost literally to the boundaries, while breaking it up into its most basic components.
The 'twist' series, where the triangles twist to form a fan as they stretch actually goes further than what is displayed and creates this wonderful hollow fan inside itself if it continues to expand but to get to this stage in the series would require massive jumps and would make it too confusing.


I have yet to see any of these on paper so that will be tomorrows job before anything is finalised.

No comments:

Post a Comment