Tuesday 14 August 2012

It's Like NCEA Level 1 Chemistry All Over Again

I've been testing code like it might be guilty of something and came up with couple of interesting structures.  This first came from my cobweb precedent which provides an interesting structure that has room for development into noise. My tutor suggested I break the long lines into individual, smaller lines that can have a random() factor applied to them, disintegrating the structure the more they move. I thought the individual segments could be drawn towards a centre-point, meaning even within all the chaos there is an underlying order.




The frost crystals I was looking into inspired the next set of code that in turn gave me a new precedent once I started experimenting with colours;

And here are the samples;









This 'crystal code' really intrigues me. Over the next few days I will definitely be interested in what else I can produce with it, especially in terms of noise. I was thinking of first adding more to the structure then perhaps fragmenting the crystals by having the main bodies actually constructed of many smaller shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment