Friday 10 August 2012

Suddenly... Triangles

I like triangles, okay. They're a very versatile piece of geometry. I wrote some code to experiment with both loops and colour, as you will see by the development of the next few images. I started off trying to replicate my ice colour scheme in the triangle so see how it looked with solid shapes, the results as follows;


I was pretty happy with the outcome and it gave me a good idea on the range I can explore within that particular colour scheme. I then felt it was appropriate to explore a larger field.


Now that we are able to play with alpha values (transparency) the density of the imagery is just as important when determining the overall colour of the image. The thicker the cloud, the more intense the colours become;



Lastly I realised I was restricting myself to the borders of the image so the last two images conclude my experimentation. I found that having some of the triangles disappear off-screen made the image seem much larger, even though the triangles strayed no further than one hundred pixels either way.

All these experiments have been relatively chaotic as they only really focussed on certain elements. I will try to integrate these elements into the progression from structure to noise but first I need to decide on what sort of structure I want to create...

No comments:

Post a Comment