Tuesday 16 October 2012

Pre-Submission Reflection DSDN 142

The last few changes I made were the addition of varying buzzing noises that played when the fireflies were consumed. The differences between the noises were subtle but enough to stop them getting tedious. I also worked on getting the desaturated background to come forth with a 'tint' effect but I couldn't figure out a reoccurring problem with the masks so I had to abandon that idea. The overall presentation is satisfactory though. The sounds really add to the atmosphere of the program and the loneliness from consuming all the fireflies still creeps in which is good. I am pleased with my final toy, even if it didn't have all the features I had originally planned. The user plays a lot more of a passive role in the final application than my original programs which makes the interaction more of an experience than a manipulation of effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment