Tuesday 2 October 2012

Circles... Circles Everywhere...

Well after yesterday's studio and today's lecture I have decided I need to start over with my Flash interface and refocus myself. My efforts weren't working so I'm going to start from keyframe one and build up from there. Makes sense, right? I reworked the point of view mode and map screens by adding a 'Swap' function (which will be a button in the Flash application) that when activated, cycles from the point of view mode to the whatever map mode was last selected and vice versa. This will greatly improve the usability of the navigational side of the interface.


I noticed that the 'Overhead Map' button, when selected from the navigation menu, would load without any destination selected and would be unable to provide directions (ahem...) but now with the addition of Swap in the versions of the maps shown above can be accessed. When loaded from the menu the map would merely be a 2D overhead without directions which in some cases people want just to know where they are in general. So everyone is happy. Yay.
I also added a 'Search' menu because originally I was taking such a screen for granted but I really need to show it considering it's a screen people will be using all the time (mental slap on the wrist right there). And I like the aesthetic of it which is a bonus;
Note: The building codes would be pre-programmed so if someone says "Kirk three-oh-three" then the code pops up in the bar as shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment