Sunday 11 August 2013

Paper Prototype Printing Progress

Here is a snapshot of what makes up my paper prototype for tomorrow's presentation.
I had a bit of trouble with the printers in the Kelburn library yesterday so I had to run down to Te Aro to get a better quality print-out but things are looking pretty sweet on my desk in front of me right now. Now that everything is cut out I just need to wait for the glue to dry and I'll be pretty close to finishing.
I decided to keep the Voodude as the player avatar as I've grown fond of his design which means I will carry over the slightly abstracted spiritual aspect of the game. This will be apparent in the core of each level. Not all of them will be a furnace as the prototype suggests. I'm thinking that the earlier levels will be softer with more forest imagery (or at least suggestions of it) with only a minor deforestation aspect which will grow stronger as the levels proceed. Eventually the levels will become black and white as the player moves into a spirit realm. The player will be trying to collect the souls from the trees that fall into the furnace so it saps the energy from it, dropping the fuel bar on the right from green to red. Once the bar is fully red the machine burns out and the player proceeds to the next level. Missing souls will maintain the furnace and making it harder on the player who will be dodging obstacles as they run around.

No comments:

Post a Comment